Join the SpeakBeasty Team!
We are looking for listeners and future friends who are passionate about the Wizarding World, especially Fantastic Beasts, to join our volunteer team!
Volunteering with us means turning that obsession of the magical world you’ve been harboring into a job! The team of SpeakBeasty is a collaborative group of people from all over the globe with one goal in mind: to protect Pastries (a name we happily bestowed upon Newt’s niffler that is now Dan Fogler approved!) at all costs.
Have you spent the last year infinitely scrolling through posts about Newt Scamander? Love sharing memes about Graves, or fan art of the Goldstein sisters? Then have we got the gig for you! MuggleNet.com’s Fantastic Beasts podcast, SpeakBeasty, is looking for 2–3 passionate listeners to join the social media team! What does that mean? You’ll be the right hand to the show’s producers in sharing our awesome podcast with the world through various social media channels, all while building yourself a formidable portfolio of content for your future.
Here are some of the qualities we’re looking for:
- Experienced with posting content to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr
- An avid listener of the show, so you’re familiar with our content
- Able to put in at least 2–3 hours per week scheduling posts
- A team player who’s willing to accept help and feedback
- Loves fantastic memes and knows where to find them
- A go-getter who takes initiative
- Able to meet deadlines
To apply for the position, send us 3–5 links to samples of social media content you’ve created, along with any websites you’ve contributed to. Include with that a detailed work history, any educational background you have in social media that you think would be relevant to the role, and a paragraph or two about why you’re interested in the position. We want someone who’s passionate, so don’t be afraid to be yourself! Send your samples, along with name, age, location, and time zone to email@example.com.
Are you involved in the magical community? Do you have favorite influencers on the web who share your obsession? If this is you, we have a job for you! As community manager, you would be responsible for finding other podcasts and influencers for the SpeakBeasty team to collaborate with on social media and during special episodes.
- Acting as a liaison between SpeakBeasty and other podcasts. You’ll be responsible for helping the show find podcasts and individuals to collaborate with.
- Researching Potter-type influencers for the social media team to collaborate with who might share our content. Think blogs, reviewers, influencers, etc.
- Researching cons/shows that the podcast would benefit from attending or advertising with.
- Strong communication skills
- Social media experience
- Ability to think outside the box
- Familiarity with SpeakBeasty and Fantastic Beasts
If interested in applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name
- Time zone
- Why you think you’d make a good Community Manager and why you want to join the team
- 2-3 examples of podcasts or individuals you think we should collaborate with and why.