This time on SpeakBeasty…
- Join Ann, Helene, Megan, and guest host Rex!
- “It’s a very phallic-looking sock puppet.”
- The Phoenix Register: A Fantastic Beasts exhibit is coming to the Natural History Museum in London!
- “To take your mind off of imminent death and global warming…”
- We are gonna get our hands dirty.
- Where do we go from here as a fandom after JKR’s recent Twitter controversy?
- “Alternately titled, In My Feelings.”
- Parasocial interaction!
- The eras of the Harry Potter fandom (not scientifically tested).
- “I don’t even know how rugby works.”
- “That would be tragic if you missed the newest episode of Lizzie McGuire.”
- “Thank you, Jordan Peele.”
- “We are a fandom that is resilient, and full of very accepting and caring people.”
- The Newt Case: The Nokk!
- “Scandinavian. Please. The good stuff.”
- “We need to be like Angelina Jolie, when she was weird.”
Podcast Question: Will the way you decide to consume Potter and Fantastic Beasts change after JK Rowling’s tweet? Why or why not?